The outbreak of COVID-19 in Washington State is an active situation that is quickly evolving. The City of Lake Forest Park is committed to continuing to provide services to our community members while following the most up-to-date guidelines to ensure public and staff safety:
- Washington State Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response
- Public Health - Seattle & King County
- Washington State Department of Health
Due to the evolving Public Health-Seattle & King County recommendations and extension of the "Stay Home, Stay Healthy" order from Governor Jay Inslee’s office, all City of Lake Forest Park staff are being mandated to work from home, unless they are needed to provide essential services. until such time as the Governor lifts the stay home order, allowing businesses and City operations to resume.
On March 24, 2020, the City issued a newsflash regarding these changes. You can read the City’s full order here.
Based on guidance from the CDC, City Hall, the Police lobby, Municipal Court lobby, and Public Works offices are closed to the public and most City staff until such time as the Governor lifts the stay home order, allowing businesses and City operations to resume. City and some Court operations will continue during this time. You can still contact the City by email and phone, 206-368-5440, or use our online services.
Effective immediately, the City will operate under the following changes to accommodate these orders:
- City Hall will be closed to public and most City employees until such time as the Governor lifts the stay home order, allowing businesses and City operations to resume. Phone calls to 206-368-5440 will be answered remotely between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Community members are encouraged to contact the City through the website for updates and general information: www.cityoflfp.com
- For emergencies, please call 9-1-1
- Public records requests should be filed electronically online: https://www.cityoflfp.com/371/Public-Records-Requests
- Mechanical and Plumbing permit requests can be made online through the Permit Portal (https://www.cityoflfp.com/165/Permit-Center). Information on other types of permit request is available at that link as well.
- Please review the Safe Start Plan - Phased Opening of LFP Parks & Amenities for current Parks access information. Social distancing and excellent hygiene are required while using park facilities.
- The July 9 Regular City Council meeting and Work Session meeting will be held virtually.
The City remains focused on keeping essential operations up and running while making employee and public safety the top priority. Many services are available online. City employees who can work remotely will continue to serve the community, will be available by email, and are on standby to be called in during this time.
City Events & Meetings
Most City sponsored events have been canceled through the summer. City meetings are being held virtually. Please check the Meetings Calendar for the most current meeting information and agendas.
- City Council Meetings - will be held as scheduled. However, the City will continue to assess the situation and will notify you if this changes. Work session meetings have resumed..
- The July 9 City Council regular meeting and work session meeting will be held virtually.
- Concerts in the Park - canceled
- Pet Parade - canceled
- Picnic in the Park - canceled
- National Night Out - canceled
The Municipal Court is currently operating under modified operations.
In the interest of public health during the COVID-19 outbreak, Lake Forest Park Municipal Court has modified court operations. The court will reschedule all out of custody court hearings. The court window will be closed. Staff in the court clerk’s office will be available by telephone, and both mail and email will be received.
Notice of rescheduled hearings from the court will be sent via US mail. If your mailing address needs to be updated with the court, please call us at 206-364-7711. If you have a hearing set for video court, you will receive notice of the Zoom call-in number and conference PIN.
Probation appointments will be conducted via telephone. The defendant is required to contact his/her probation officer at any scheduled time, unless otherwise directed by the Probation Officer.
Jury service for the June and July jury terms have been cancelled.
A complete list of the court modifications is detailed in the Administrative Order signed by the Presiding Judge on March 6, 2020.
For additional updates on Court operations and contact information, please check the Court webpage
Passport Services is closed until such time as the Governor lifts the stay home order, allowing businesses and City operations to resume. Watch our website or subscribe to email or Facebook to receive updates. Please check the U.S. Department of State website for other nearby locations that may be open.
The Planning & Building Counter at City Hall Is currently closed to the public. We are encouraging people to take advantage of our remote services. If you can conduct your business with the permit center by email, phone, or online, we encourage you to please do so. If you are unsure, call 206-368-5440 so we can determine if we can help you remotely.
Mechanical and Plumbing permit requests can be made online through the Permit Portal (https://www.cityoflfp.com/165/Permit-Center). Information on other types of permit request is available at that link as well.
The Police Lobby is currently closed to the public. To report an emergency, call 9-1-1. For any other non-emergency police calls, citizens are encouraged to call our dispatch center (Bothell Dispatch) at 425-486-1254.
There are two options to speak with the Police Records Unit: call 206-364-8216; or, use the black call box on the south side of the City hall building.
Many of your questions can be answered by going to the Police Department page on the City website.
Fingerprinting services are canceled until City Hall reopens. New applications for Concealed Weapons Permits are suspended until further notice. Applications to renew Concealed Weapons Permits are being accepted.
Sewer Utility Customers
If you need to make a sewer utility payment, you can use the payment drop box on the south side of City Hall or visit Lake Forest Park Utility Billing for online payment options, and here for Business Licensing and Taxes.
Local Affected Services
Lake Forest Park Library: Visit the King County Library System’s website for the latest information on cancellations, affected programs, and closures.
Recreation Facilities in Shoreline: Visit City of Shoreline’s website for the latest information on closures, refunds, and summer camp registration.
Senior Center Services: Visit the Shoreline Lake Forest Park Senior Center’s website for the latest information on closures.
Shoreline School District: Visit the Shoreline School District’s website for the latest information on closures.
Local Declaration of Public Health Emergency
The Mayor has signed a Local Declaration of Public Health Emergency. This emergency declaration is not a cause for alarm. It is a formal step in a process that facilitates coordination with other agencies including the State Department of Health and Public Health – Seattle & King County and grants the city access to additional resources if needed.