All dogs and cats in Lake Forest Park are required to have a pet license. Regional Animal Services of King County (RASKC) provides our licensing services.
You can license your pet by one of the following easy methods:
- Online. Purchase or renew your pet's license online.
- In Person. Buy a pet license in person at Lake Forest Park City Hall or many other convenient locations throughout King County.
- Mail. Download an application form, or visit a convenient location near you to pick up an application form to send by mail.
For more information about pet licensing - costs, license tags, licensing proof requirements, other types of animal licenses, or other license issues, please see the RASKC website.
For information about animal control, and shelters where your lost pet may be, please see the Police Department's Animal Control webpage.
Benefits of Licensing Your Pet
A King County pet license includes many benefits such as:
- Found pets are reunited quickly with their owner. The Pet License office number is on the license. If someone finds your pet, they will call the number, get your contact information, even after hours, and reunite you and your pet.
- Your pet gets a free ride home the first time it is found. RASKC staff will attempt to deliver your pet home to you immediately, skipping a trip to the animal shelter.
- Your pet gets a longer care period. When found, your licensed pet will be safely cared for at the Pet Adoption Center for a longer time.
- You and your pet get the Vacation Pet Alert. When you leave home on vacation, call 206-296-2712 to register where your pet will be while you are on vacation, who will be taking care of your pet and where to reach you. We will call the correct number if your pet gets loose during your vacation.
- License fees support the return of hundreds of lost pets to their homes and help adopt thousands of homeless pets to new families every year. Pet license fees also fund investigation of animal neglect and cruelty, spay/neuter programs to reduce pet over-population, and community education services.