These help topics below are intended to provide homeowners, residents, and developers a basic overview of the Municipal Code regarding some common planning and building questions.
To obtain a permit application, go to Applications & Forms. Payment is due at the time of application and can be made by cash, check, or debit/credit card (3% fee added). Permit Counter hours are 9am-12pm and 1-3pm.
***Permit Counter will be closed on Monday January 21st for Martin Luther King Jr. Day.***
Builders and developers of larger scale projects should contact the Planning and Building Department before beginning a project. Printed copies of these help topics and applications can also be obtained at City Hall.
All building permits, regardless of size or scope of the project, have a typical review time of 8 weeks.
Road Standards: The City of Lake Forest Park uses King County Road Standards 2016. Please also refer to Lake Forest Park Municipal Code 15.10.045.
Stormwater/Drainage Standards: The City of Lake Forest Park uses King County Surface Water Design Manual 2016.
1.0 Building Checklists
- 1.1 New Construction, Addition, Remodel
- 1.2 Residential Decks
- 1.3 Retaining Walls
- 1.4 Stormwater & Pollution Prevention Plan SWPP
2.0 Development and Use Review
- 2.1 Erosion Control
- 2.2 Clearing, Grading, and Earthwork
- 2.4 Single-family Zoning
- 2.5 Accessory Structure and Accessory Dwelling Units
- 2.7 Sewer Information
- 2.8.A Tree Removal and Replacement - Major Development
- 2.8.B Tree Removal and Replacement
- 2.9 Home Occupations
3.0 Critical Areas
4.0 Land Division
5.0 Public Hearing Process
- 5.1 Public Hearing Process
- 5.2 Commercial Site Development
- 5.3 Conditional Use
- 5.3.B Type II Day Care
- 5.4 Reasonable Economic Use
- 5.6 Variance Information