Lake Forest Park Police employs 20 full-time commissioned officers and 3 support staff members. Lake Forest Park is on the Northshore of Lake Washington and is a great supportive community. With low crime rates, our police officers have the ability to make a difference for our citizens.
Open Positions: 0
Entry Level Police Officer
Public Safety Testing
Toll-Free: 1.866.HIRE-911 (1.866.447.3911)
Main Office Business Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM PSTThe Lake Forest Park Police Department uses www.publicsafetytesting.com for initial candidate testing. Entry candidates must take a written exam and physical ability test to be eligible for employment.
Lateral Police Officer
Requirements: Employed within the last year as a certified, full-time law enforcement officer in a police, sheriff's, or other state law enforcement agency equivalent, as accepted by meeting the requirements of WAC 139-05-210, through the Washington State Criminal Justice Training Commission. Officers from outside of Washington State must successfully complete the Washington State Criminal Justice Training Commission Equivalent Academy and Examination within one year of appointment.
Lee Aalund, Chief Examiner, Civil Service Commission, handles the recruiting for the Lateral Police Officer position.
Interested applicants may obtain further information by contacting Lee Aalund at 206-957-2806 or at email@example.com
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary (monthly):
- $5,266 - $6,580 (2018)
- $5,424 - $6,778 (2019)
- $5,586 - $6,981 (2020)
- Up to 192 hours of paid vacation leave annually (w/ progressive increases)
- 12 paid holidays
- 96 hours of paid sick leave annually
- 110 hours Kelly Time off
- Longevity Pay: (2% at 6 years, 4% at 11 years, 6% at 16 years, 8% at 21 years)
- Education pay (2% AA / 4% BA)
- Specialty assignment Incentive Detective (10%) - Traffic / SWAT / K9 / FTO (5%)
- Instructor Incentive (Firearms/Defensive Tactics)
- Retirement: Commissioned officers work under the LEOFF 2 Retirement System
- Other Compensation:
- 401(a) Social Security Replacement
- 457 Deferred Compensation (City match up to $50.00 per month)
- Competitive Medical Coverage (to include Dependent coverage at 90%)
- Dental/Orthodontics, Vision, Disability, and Life Insurance
- All uniforms and equipment issued by the department, followed by annual uniform allowance of $625
- Work Schedule is a rotation of 3 work days (12-hr shifts) 3 days off.
- Option of comp-time payout
- No seniority issues, as shifts rotate between nights and days every 4 months.
- Outstanding support from the community and city council
- Family first environment
- Updated and advanced technology
- Proactive environment
- Community engagement
- You are not a number, you are part of a family and have purpose here.
Interested in learning more about the Department?
Lateral and Entry-Level Police Officer candidates may wish to learn more about the Lake Forest Police Department and its operations and mission/vision/values/goals by joining an officer for a ride-along. City required ride-along application must be completed prior to the date of the scheduled appointment.
Please contact Sergeant Rhonda Lehman at 206-364-8216 for more information and/or to schedule a ride-along for public safety job applicants.