Each fall in even numbered years, the Mayor recommends to the City Council a proposed budget for the following two years. The City Council may amend the Mayor’s proposed budget, and by December 31st must adopt the budget by a majority vote.
The City’s biennial budget comprises a variety of funds for operating, capital and other purposes. The General Fund is the main operating fund and provides the financial resources for the bulk of City services, including the Council and Executive functions, Police, Municipal Court, Building, Planning, Parks, Facilities Maintenance, City Clerk, Finance, and Human Resources. Other funds are dedicated to a specific utility, capital or other purposes as required by state statues.
Other ordinances and resolutions are adopted with the budget to implement the budget. These include an ordinance setting the following year’s property tax levy, and any other ordinances or resolutions required for implementing the budget, such as changes to permit fees or utility rates and fees.
- Mayor's Proposed 2019-2020 Mid-Biennial Budget Adjustment
- Adopted 2019-2020 Budget FINAL
- Budget Update from the Mayor
- Budget Basics Powerpoint Presentation
- Schedule of Opportunities for In-Person Budget Involvement
- Link to Council/Finance Committee Meeting
- Budget Survey
- Mayor's Proposed 2019-2020 Budget FINAL
- Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) 2019-2024
- 2019-2020 Budget Calendar FINAL
- Mayor's Proposed 2017-2018 Mid Biennial Budget Adjustment
- 2017-2018 Adopted Budget
- City Financial Policies - Update 2016