The Engineering Department is responsible for the review, design and construction of the City’s capital projects that include the surface water and sewer utility, roadways and traffic. This includes work with both private development and City capital projects in the approved Capital Improvement Plan.
Capital Improvement Program
The City Council regularly adopts an updated 6-year Capital Improvement Plan as part of its budget process. The most recent Capital Improvement Plan is for the years 2017-2022. Projects include:
Short-Term (1-2 years)
- Park Property Acquisition
- Construction of Picnic Shelter at Animal Acres Park
- Eagle Scout Park Redevelopment
- Safe Highways Study (SR 522/SR 104)
- Curb Ramp Upgrades
- Safe Streets Early Action Safety Improvements
- Beach Drive Sewer Lift Station Improvements
Long-Term (3-6 years)
- Animal Acres Park Restoration - Slide Repair
- Several Culvert Replacements on Lyon Creek
- Installation of a Sidewalk(s) on 37th Ave Sidewalk near Brookside Elementary School
- Restoration of Hillside Creek
Neighborhood Traffic Calming Program
The intent of the City of Lake Forest Park Neighborhood Traffic Calming Program (NTCP) is to address traffic concerns on low-volume residential roads within the City, as designated within the City of Lake Forest Park Arterial Plan. The NTCP enables individual citizens and/or neighborhood groups to participate in the process of identification, evaluation, and possible implementation of traffic calming projects on residential roads.
For more information about the NTCP, click here.
Request for Service
The City of Lake Forest Park needs your help in identifying areas within the city that are hazardous or need attention. We will respond to your requests, investigate your concerns and address any issues brought to our attention. Please download the Request for Service Form, complete it and return to City Hall.