Passport Acceptance Facility
Lake Forest Park City Hall
17425 Ballinger Way NE
Lake Forest Park, WA 98155
** Passport Services is currently closed **
Our apologies for any inconvenience. Please check the U.S. State Department website for other nearby locations that are open.
Q: Where can I apply for a passport or renew my child's passport?
Many acceptance facility locations are closed or have limited operations due to COVID-19. However, some U.S. Post Offices are continuing to process applications (by appointment only). To search for a nearby location that's open and to schedule an appointment, enter your zip code here.
Q: Where can I get a passport photo taken?
Q: How can I renew an adult passport?
Adults who are eligible to renew by mail do not need to appear in person. For detailed instructions and the renewal form visit the State Department's passport renewal page. The basic steps are as follows:
- Check the State Department’s passport page to see if you are eligible to renew by mail
- Fill out Form DS-82, Renewal Application for Eligible Individuals
- Submit your most recent U.S. Passport
- Include name change documents (if applicable)
- Provide a passport photo
- Calculate renewal fee
- Mail the completed application (Form DS-82, with most recent passport, photo, and check or money order for renewal fee)
Regular processing is currently taking 10-12 weeks. Expedited processing (additional fee) is taking 4-6 weeks. (Your expired passport and name change documents will be returned to you in a separate envelope.)
Seattle Passport Agency (Extremely Limited Appointments)
The Seattle Passport Agency is offering in-person service by appointment only for customers who need a passport within 72 hours (3 business days) due to a life-or-death emergency. They are also offering a limited number of appointments for customers who have urgent international travel within 72 hours (3 business days) for reasons other than a life-or-death emergency. To apply at the Seattle Passport Agency, you must meet all of the following requirements:
- Make an appointment online (www.travel.state.gov) or call 1-877-487-2778
- Be traveling internationally within 72 hours (3 business days)
- Be able to show printed proof of international travel (such as your flight itinerary, hotel reservation, cruise tickets, or international car insurance)
- Pay the $60 expedite fee in addition to the regular application fees
- Wear a cloth face covering while inside the passport agency
- Note: You can schedule your appointment up to 2 weeks before your international travel but the date of your appointment must be within 3 business days of your international travel. If you need a foreign visa, the date of your appointment must be within 10 business days of your international travel.