Passport Applicant Checklist
1. Consult with a Passport Agent
Your Time is Valuable! We strongly encourage applicants call first, and speak with a Passport Agent before scheduling an in-person appointment. This will give the Passport Agent a chance to double-check that the right paperwork is ready to go and also to answer any questions you may have about filling out the DS-11 Form.
If you do not have your paperwork ready to go at the time of your appointment, you may be required to reschedule to a new time.
2. Schedule an In-Person Appointment
An appointment can be scheduled through Waitwhile or by calling City Hall at 206-368-5440.
3. Prepare in Advance of your Appointment
To make the best use of your time, prepare - prepare - prepare!
For adult applicants, please have the following ready before your appointment:
- Completed DS-11 Form - available online, or hard copies are available at City Hall Lobby to pick up and complete before your appointment.
- Citizenship Evidence (certified birth certificate + photocopy/front & back; or previous U.S. Passport)
- Valid Identification (original + photocopy/front & back; example: Washington State ID Card or Driver’s License)
- Passport Photo (optional, we have photo services on site for an additional $16)
For minor applicants (15 & under), please have the following ready before your appointment:
- 1, 2, & 4 above, PLUS:
- Proof of parental relationship (example: certified birth certificate with parent names + photocopy/front & back)
- Parents Valid Identification (example: Washington State ID Card or Driver’s License + photocopy/front & back)
4. Your In-Person Appointment
- Minors: All minor applicants and BOTH parents must be present at the appointment time (see possible exceptions to this requirement)
- Please wait in your car or outside of the City Hall building until you are notified (via text or phone call) that it is time for your appointment
- Masks are required when entering City Hall, except for children under 2 years old or those with certain medical conditions