About the Planning Commission
The Lake Forest Park Planning Commission provides recommendations to the Mayor and City Council for changes and updates to the Comprehensive Plan, zoning code, and land use policies. As citizen representatives, commissioners recommend programs and policies according to the needs and values of the community. The Planning Commission is required by law, and is governed by state statute and city ordinance.
All meetings are open to the public.
- Regular Meetings: Second Tuesday of the month at 7pm
- City Hall, 17425 Ballinger Way NE (typically in the Forest Room, but room may vary)
Agendas and Materials
Please note that all meeting materials from March 2019 forward (including the Final EIS) can be found on Town Center Process page. Other Commission meeting material are available at YourLFP's Town Center Code Update Reference's Dropbox page.
- Joel Paisner
- T.J. Fudge
- Ira Gross
- Steve Morris
- Rachael Katz
- Maddy Larson (Vice Chair)
- Jon Lebo
- Richard Saunders
- Mark Withers
Links to Projects
- 2020 Planning Commission Draft Work Plan
- 2019 Planning Commission Work Plan
- 2018 Planning Commission Annual Report (coming soon)
- 2017 Planning Commission Annual Report
City Council Liaison:
- Tom French (interim)
- Stephen Bennett, Planning Director
- Nick Holland, Senior Planner
- Lauren Hoerr, Assistant Planner
How to Join
Commissioners are appointed by the Mayor. Members of the Planning Commission serve for three years. If you are interested in serving on the commission, please contact the Mayor at City Hall, 206-368-5440. For more information about the Planning Commission, contact Stephen Bennett, Planning Director at 206-957-2812.