Regular Business Meetings:
- 7:00 pm
- January to October: 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month
- November & December: 2nd Thursday
Work Session Meetings:
- 6:00 pm
- 2nd Thursday of the month
How to Watch/Listen to Council Meetings
Update as of March 25, 2020 - Please see the Virtual Meetings during COVID-19 page for information about how meetings are being handled during the Governor’s "Stay Home Stay Healthy" order. The information below is temporarily suspended.
There are several ways to watch/listen to City Council meetings: live stream, on-demand, and the City’s two cable television channels: CenturyLink channel 8030 and Comcast channel 21. Regular meetings are video recorded, and work sessions are audio recorded.
- Live stream and on-demand replay of the meetings can be accessed here. Please note the on-demand recording will be made available by the end of business on the Monday after the Thursday meeting.
- Live on CenturyLink channel 8030 or Comcast channel 21 (must live within LFP city limits and subscribe to one of these services)
- Replayed on the television channels at 12:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. daily, beginning the Monday following the meeting. The most recent meeting plays until the next meeting is held.
Contact All Councilmembers in the Same Email
The City of Lake Forest Park was incorporated in 1961 and operates as a non-charter code city with a Mayor-Council form of government. The Mayor and seven City Councilmembers are part-time, non-partisan elected officials who serve four-year terms. Municipal elections are held in November of odd-numbered years and terms are staggered so that no more than four positions are up for election every two years. All Councilmembers are elected "at-large," meaning they serve the City as a whole, as opposed to a specific district.
The City Council is the legislative body of the City. It enacts laws and regulations, establishes policy direction for the City, establishes tax and fee rates, adopts an annual budget, grants franchises, approves contracts for services, and payment of all City moneys.
Restricting the Use and Sale of Single-Use Plastics
Declaring Lake Forest Park a Welcoming, Inclusive, and Safe Community
The City of Lake Forest Park is governed under a Municipal Code.