Lake Forest Park:
History of Lake Forest Park
Home building in took off in 1914 just after Bothell Boulevard was completed, thus opening up access to Lake Forest Park property. Ads were meant to lure prospective residents with the promise of attractive prices and premium lots. Additionally, "The First Eight" homes were built in Lake Forest Park between 1910 and 1914 as showcases to attract land buyers. Designed by architects hired especially for the project, the residences varied greatly in size and style, from Neo-Colonial to Tudor to Bungalow. These houses were well-contructed using high quality materials, and still stand today. The City’s neighborhoods contain many homes of architectural interest and significance.
The lumber for the two-story home was shipped by scow from Seattle. This was probably the first of the "First Eight" homes to be built.
Originally built on a five-acre tract, this home had a Tudor style interior with huge rooms, a lofty ceiling, gigantic beams, and a large fireplace.
home was built according to a design by architect William Kingsley. The house faced Bothell Way, with a view of Lake Washington.
With a stucco exterior, this home was built in the California bungalow style. It was remodeled in 1926 to add on a billiard room and replace the tile roof.
Augustus Ruser served on the school board from 1914 to 1917, and was also one of Ole Hanson's sales people in 1915.
The Tryon sisters' house is prominently situated near "The Serpentine." The sisters later purchased three more lots to add to the first.
The Wurdemanns were among the first to purchase lots in Lake Forest Park, securing a five acre area. Their mansion was built in the Georgian style with a marble staircase, four bedrooms, four bathrooms, four dressing rooms, and a grand spiral staircase.
The Reid home was one of several Lake Forest Park homes to be featured in
at various times.
Powered by CivicPlus
City of Lake Forest Park, 17425 Ballinger Way NE, Lake Forest Park, WA 98155 Phone: 206-368-5440